The use of IVF and other assisted reproductive technologies has skyrocketed in recent decades. Currently, one in 29 Australian children are conceived through the use of these technologies. These days they are used for any and every case of infertility, often without investigating the underlying cause of the problem.
In this well researched book, Dr Sandra Cabot and naturopath Margaret Jasinska explore the many hidden causes of infertility which are often easily overcome. A healthy body is a fertile body. Our bodies are cleverly designed to reproduce, and when that doesn’t happen, there is always an explanation. No organ system in our body operates in isolation. The health of our reproductive system is enormously influenced by our immune system, digestive system, liver, thyroid gland and emotional state, just to name a few.
Male infertility is rising just as quickly as female infertility. Prospective fathers may have a low sperm count and high levels of abnormal sperm. Many men have no been offered a lot of solutions to correct this; they may even have been told it’s genetic and nothing can be done, so IVF is the only option. Sperm are more susceptible to harm caused by environmental chemicals and nutrient deficiencies than eggs, and we explain the most effective ways to boost male fertility.
This book addresses the following issues:
- Balancing your hormones naturally
- Overcoming polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Overcoming immune system disorders that compromise fertility
- Reducing exposure to environmental chemicals
- Overcoming hidden infections
- Addressing vitamin or mineral deficiencies that compromise fertility
- Understanding tests you must have when trying to conceive
- Identifying and overcoming factors that lead to male infertility
- Increasing sperm count and improving quality of sperm
- Improving your chance of success with IVF
- Maintaining a healthy pregnancy
- Reducing the risk of miscarriage and premature delivery
- Giving your baby the best possible start in life
The information contained within this book will help solve the infertility puzzle for many.
The healthier the prospective parents are, the better quality their egg and sperm will be. The genetic material inside the egg and sperm form the basis of each child’s lifelong health. By optimising the health of the parents, we hope to be able to create a healthier future generation.